3.16.2011

Sandals...

My entire life, I have never owned a pair of sandals. I have had flip flops, (I mean I do live in Florida and I enjoy going to the beach) but I never wore them anywhere other than the beach. I remember vividly when I was younger and I would start to go outside with only my socks on or flip flops and before I would make it to the door my father would stop me and say "Go put some shoes on!". It never occurred to me why I was in such desperate need for solid shoes (closed toe closed heel shoes) until one day I was at the beach with my friends and we decided to go under the boardwalk, it was a nice relief from the sun, but immediately upon going under there I started feeling horrible sharp pains all over my legs, feet and butt and I realized we were all sitting on a huge pile of sand spurs. I remember being in quite a bit of pain that day, and crying quite a bit (I was 4 or 5 at the time). My house borders a military test reservation and so we have a forest behind the house, and we also get snakes, creepy crawlies, sand spurs and we also have thorny vines and such. So, when I was younger it was for my own good that I wore only solid shoes. (To this day, when I wear flip flops my dad asks me where my shoes are, I think he's just messing with me now though.)

That whole 'only solid shoes' has spilled over to my adulthood, up to this point I have never owned a pair of casual-everyday-around-the-house sandals and I have suffered through sweltering summers, I'm talking 90-100% humidity, temperatures ranging from 90-104 degree Fahrenheit (had to look that one up, it's such and oddly spelled word) all with completely closed shoes. Today our high was 76 degrees Fahrenheit, and I barely made it through the day with my closed toe shoes, how did I ever manage this before? Maybe it was the fact that I worked retail and food service jobs previously which requires solid shoes. I really don't know, all I know is I left the house wearing solid shoes and came home wearing a pair of sandals with another pair under my arm.

So, BOOYAH SUMMER HEAT, WON'T BRING THIS ONE DOWN!

Pics:



That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment